May 15, 2022
PolskaÉire Family Swimming Cup 2022
We would like to invite you and your children to a unique swimming competition for all family members. The competition is for both our current and former swimmers.
On Monday, June 6th(Bank Holiday), we will start the family swimming competition in Dublin where several hundred swimmers will race against each other!
PolskaÉire Family Swimming Cup 2022 2nd edition is the largest swimming event of the year. A great sports adventure for amateurs will take place at the ALSAA sports swimming pool at the airport.
The booking will be open on the 16th of May!
Booking will be available online via Parent Portal on our website www.iswim.ie or iClass Pro App.
For all contestants awaits: great sports emotions, starter packs (swimming bag, a bottle of water, energetic bar, fruit), and gold medals for all swimmers.
Other attractions during the Family Day:
- Face painting
- Arts and Crafts for kids
- Fitness tests for children
- Catering points and shops
- Barbecue with hot dogs and sausages
- Coffee, tea, and homemade cakes
Start: 10am or 11am depending on the number of entries.
End: 3pm or 6pm depending on the number of applications.
The aim of the event is the Polish-Irish integration and popularization of swimming among children as a form of a healthy and active lifestyle and improvement of water safety.
The Family gala is for both children who start their adventure with swimming and those who are already able to swim competitively in the competition. To enable all children to start in the competition, also those who are just learning how to swim, we have swimming aids ready for them.
The competition is also for adults – both in the men’s and women’s categories.
The family relay is a very exciting competition in the Polska Éire Family Cup, during which the parent and the child will compete against other teams, which was a hit in the 1st edition!
The competition will be freestyle, which means that each participant can swim in one of 4 swimming styles. The youngest children can swim alone or use a swimming aid: a vest, a board, or a noodle.
Each swimmer starts the race starting from the water near the pool wall.
Swimmers start according to the following categories:
- Frogs 25 m freestyle with or without the aid
- Penguins 25 m freestyle with or without the aid
- Seals 25 m freestyle with or without the aid
- Marlins 25 m freestyle with or without the aid
- Dolphins 25 m freestyle
- Sharks 25 m freestyle
- Orcas 50 m freestyle (up to 14 years)
- Adults 50 m freestyle
- Family relay race 2 x 25 m freestyle
If the child is not the current iSwim Academy swimmer, he must book an assessment at the selected iSwim Academy location (Tallaght or Liffey Valley) prior to enrollment.
- 15 € if the application has been sent by 27/05/2022
- 20 € if the application was sent from 28/05/2019 to 03/06/2022
- 5€ extra if the child wants to take part in more than one race in a different category (e.g. an additional swim race in the family relay competition)
Swimmers’ families have free admission to the facility.
*Each swimmer receives a medal after finishing the race. If the swimmers are taking part in more than one race, they won’t be given an extra medal unless they win the race.
*Full payment is required upon booking
Sign up today and spend an unforgettable day with your family!
The booking will open on the 16th of May at 9:00 am via the Parent Portal on the website www.iswim.ie or the iClass Pro App.
In iClass Pro App or Parent Portal in the NEWS Tab, you will find the instruction on how to book a place for Family Swimming Cup 2022.
If your child is not an active swimmer in iSwim Academy, you must book an assessment before registration to be checked by the iSwim team in which category your child can compete.
Assessment is 5-10 minutes with the teacher in or out of the water in one of our locations (club Vitae Liffey Valley or Tallaght)
If your child needs an assessment please book it online via our Parent Portal or iClass Pro App.
In iClass Pro App in the NEWS Tab, you will find the instruction on how to book an assessment.
Important: If a parent wants to compete in the “adult” or a “family relay ” category, he must add himself to the Parent Portal as a student in the same account (as a second child) and book a place separately.
Booking is on a first-come basis.
Don’t wait places are limited.
Please remember that you won’t be able to proceed with the booking without an active account.
Step by step on how to create an account:
- Please downland the app or log in through the parent portal on our website
You can access our Parent Portal either on your desktop or the iClass Pro App available in the Apple and Google stores.
- When using the iClassPro app, enter “iswim” as the organization (all lower case).
- Please create a new account
- Once you log in please it’s important to fill out your child’s DOB and other details (ex. Medical condition). Booking is restricted by age so you won’t be able to book it without a DOB.
- The parent, when registering the child, declares that the child, after consultation with the GP doctor, does not have any medical contraindications, mental or physical disorders that may affect participation in Family Swimming Cup.